Scholarships and Exhibitions
We award scholarships purely on merit and do not means-test them. Scholarships are nominal in value and represent a percentage reduction of the tuition fee. Our scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Headmaster and may be supplemented by the award of a bursary if necessary. As recognition of the standards reached, exhibitions are awarded to Sixth Form entrants (from our Fifth Form or elsewhere) who have achieved outstanding GCSE results.
We offer the following awards:
First Form (11+)
- A number of academic scholarships based on performance in the Entrance Examination. We consider all candidates and we do not require potential scholars to make a separate application or to sit a separate paper. Our Prep School pupils are eligible for these awards.
Third Form (13+)
- A number of academic scholarships based on performance in the Common Entrance Examination (for candidates from prep schools) or our own Entrance Examination (for candidates from other schools). We consider all candidates and we do not require potential academic scholars to sit a separate paper.
- Music scholarships
- Art and Design scholarships
- Games and Leadership scholarships
Lower Sixth Form (16+)
- Academic scholarships and exhibitions for existing or new pupils who have performed exceptionally well in their GCSE examinations.
All Ages (including Prep School)
- Music exhibitions (in the form of free instrumental lessons) for pupils achieving Grade 5 with at least merit. Exhibitions may be held for more than one instrument.
Tenure of Awards
Our scholarships are normally tenable for the whole of a pupil’s time at Kimbolton School, subject to satisfactory progress and performance. We reserve the right to review and if necessary remove awards should circumstances require it.