Prep Extra-Curricular Activities - Spring Term 2020
How to Apply
Below are the provisional lists of extra-curricular activities on offer for Spring Term 2020. Online bookings will open from this page, via the links below, on Tuesday 26 November at approx. 8pm for Lower Prep and 8.15pm for Upper Prep. All online bookings will close at 10am on Friday 29 November. For Lower Prep pupils, we will confirm places via a letter in children’s book bags before the end of term (or via email for new pupils). For Upper Prep pupils, places will be confirmed before the end of this term via lists on the Activities Noticeboard near the Prep Office.
- Lower Prep Activities List
- Lower Prep Extra-Curricular Activities Booking Form (available from 8pm on Tuesday 26 November)
- Upper Prep Activities LIst
- Upper Prep Extra-Curricular Activities Booking Form (available from 8.15pm on Tuesday 26 November)
Children may attend one activity per week, with the exception of Y1 Stringlets, Y2 Mini-strings and Dance, for which there is a termly charge, and which may be selected in addition to any other activity. Unless otherwise stated, all clubs start at 3.35pm and end at 4.05pm. Please read the notes at the bottom of the list carefully.
The following clubs do not need to be pre-booked:
- Film Club, which is held for Reception to Y2 from 3.35pm – 4.05pm each afternoon.
- Year 2 Prep Club, which is held on Tuesdays (English prep) and Wednesdays (Maths prep) for children who attend Kim Club.
|Monday||Lego Club||AK/AY||Y1 and Y2||14 places. Children will use their imagination to build a variety of different Lego projects.|
|Music Through Story||VH/LDF||Y1 and Y2||12 places.|
|Tuesday||Nature Club||LC / JL||Y1 and Y2||12 places.|
|Stringlets Group (waiting list only - see note 1, below)||Music Staff||Y1||3.45pm – 4.15pm. A continuing beginners group offering an early experience of learning the violin in a fun and pro-active way.|
|Science Club||EW/AE||Reception||12 places. The Reception scientists will explore, investigate and discover new things through a variety of experiments and fun activities.|
|Wednesday||PE Club||AK/AF||Y1 and Y2||12 places.|
|Science Club||LE/CF||Y1 and Y2||12 places.|
|Thursday||Music and Movement||PW/AF||Reception and Y1||15 places.|
|Ministrings Group 1 - Beginners (waiting list only - see note 1, below)||Music Staff||Y2||Limited numbers. 3.45pm – 4.15pm. A new beginners group offering an early experience of learning the violin in a fun and pro-active way.|
|Ministrings Group 2 - Continuers (waiting list only - see note 1, below)||Music Staff||Y2||Limited numbers. 3.45pm – 4.15pm. This group is a continuation of classes for pupils who participated in Year 1 Stringlets In 2018/2019. Please only sign up if your child is already a member of this group.|
|Dance (see note 2)||Mrs Drennan||Y1 and Y2||12 places.|
|Friday||Board Games||PW/LE||Reception and Y1||10 places.|
- Stringlets and Ministrings. A charge of £113 per term (including music and hire of violin) applies and will be added onto your end of term bill (minimum half term commitment). These are all continuing groups from the Autumn Term, with no spaces currently available - however please apply if you would like to be added to the waiting list.
- Dance. NB This class requires a minimum of 8 pupils to run.
All Upper Prep children are eligible for all activities and clubs unless otherwise stated. Some clubs have a limited number of places. Please read the notes at the bottom of the list carefully.
|Monday Before School||Brass Group||CH||8.30-8.55|
|Y5 and Y6 Percussion Group (until February Half Term)||SE||8.30-8.55|
|Monday Lunchtime||Y3 and Y4 Junior Choir||SE||1.00-1.30|
|Y5 and Y6 Book Cub||CE||1.30–2.00|
|Monday After School||Y3 to Y6 LAMDA Speech and Drama (£, please see note 1)||Beau Roberts||3.40-4.10|
|Y5 and Y6 Senior Choir||SE||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 and Y4 Dance||Mrs Drennan||4.00-5.00|
|Tuesday Before School||Flute Choir||PB||8.30-8.55|
|Tuesday Lunchtime||String Group||SE, PT||1.00-1.30|
|Guitar Group||MH, SE||1.30-1.55|
|Y3 to Y6 Chess Challenge (Please see note 2)||SB||1.30-1.55|
|Tuesday After School||Y3 and Y4 Sports Clubs (Please see note 3)||Various||4.00-5.00|
|Y5 and Y6 Quiz Club||SN||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 to Y6 Chess Challenge (Please see note 2)||SJB||4.00-5.00|
|Y5 and Y6 Dance||ED||4.00-5.00|
|Y5 and Y6 Pottery Club||FT||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 to Y6 Board Games||CF||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 to Y6 Lego Club||CB||4.00-5.00|
|Wednesday Before School||Wind Band (Please see note 4)||AT||8.30-8.55|
|Wednesday Lunchtime||Y4 to Y6 Running Club (Please see note 5)||TE, CA||1.00-1.30|
|Y4 to Y6 Cricket Club (Please see note 6)||AT, CH, JOB||1.00-2.00 (2 sessions)|
|Wednesday After School||Y4 to Y6 Swim Team Training (Please see note 7)||SHB||4.00-5.00|
|Y5 and Y6 ICT Club||OS||4.00-5.00|
|Y5 Cookery Club||SR||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 to Y6 Christian Union||PC||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 and Y4 Art/DT Club||FT||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 and Y4 Maths Wizards||LS||4.00-5.00|
|Thursday Before School||AT Percussion Group (Please see note 4)||AT||8.30-8.55|
|Thursday Breaktime||Clarinet Choir||BB|
|Thursday Lunchtime||Y5 and Y6 Hand Chimes (until half term)||SE||1.00-1.30|
|Y6 Vocal Training (after half term)||SE||1.00-1.30|
|Y5 and Y6 Sewing & Knitting Club||FT||1.00-1.30|
|Thursday After School||Y5 and Y6 Sports Clubs (Please see note 3)||Various||4.00-5.00|
|Y4 to Y6 History Club||ST||4.00-5.00|
|Friday Lunchtime||Y3 Recorder Group||AC||1.00-1.30|
|Music Theory (Please see note 4)||AC||1.30-2.00|
|Friday After School||Y5 and Y6 Canvas Club||RL||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 to Y6 Creative Crafts Club||AW||4.00-5.00|
|Y3 to Y6 MFL Film Club||EB||4.00-5.00|
- LAMDA Speech & Drama: a termly charge applies; details will be sent separately. Current members of the group will have priority over new members.
- Chess Challenge: Please book for either lunchtime or after school. Places will not be allocated in both sessions. Please note that Year 4 will not be able to attend the lunchtime session due to timetabled swimming lessons.
- After School Sports Clubs: children will be able to make their choice of which sport they would like to enjoy – football, netball or hockey – for the first half term during their first session.
- Wind Band, Music Theory and AT Percussion Group: these activities are by invitation only. There is no need to book these activities.
- Years 4-6 Running Club: open to pupils of all running abilities, from beginners to the more experienced. Not available for Year 3 during the Spring Term due to timetabled swimming lessons.
- Lunchtime Cricket Club: Not available for Year 3 during the Spring Term due to timetabled swimming lessons.
- Swim Team Training: the swimming team will remain the same as during the Autumn Term. There is no need to book this activity.