Explore our Prep School
Why Choose Kimbolton for Your Child?
A child’s early experience of school is key to developing a positive and confident attitude to learning, to work and to other people. Our Lower Prep gives our 4- to 7-year-olds a happy, secure and purposeful start to learning in an exciting, caring environment. At age 7, children move to the Upper Prep where we build rapidly on the experience and learning of earlier years.
- Our small, single age group classes allow plenty of individual attention which builds enthusiasm for learning and confidence
- With two or three classes per year group, children can make lots of different friends
- Our teaching is imaginative and fun, and fully exploits our exceptional facilities and surroundings
- We develop soft skills such as teamwork, critical thinking and leadership from an early age so that they become second nature to our children
- We provide specialist teaching in many areas including science, modern foreign languages, music, ICT, games, swimming and PE
- Every child gives performances on stage from Reception onwards, and individual music tuition becomes optional from Year 1
- Sports coaching by our professional coaches begins in Year 1, competitive matches against other schools start in Year 3
- Our extra-curricular programme is extensive and starts in Reception
- Pupils enjoy hot, nourishing meals prepared on-site by our team of chefs
- Kim Club extends the day, opening at 7.30am and finishing at 6pm.
Visit Us In Person
Our Prep School Open Morning (ages 4-11) is a great way to get a feel for life at Kimbolton, for pupils looking to join us from Autumn 2022 onwards. Please pre-register and we will be in touch nearer the time to confirm arrangements.