Welcome to our New Website!
Visitors to the Kimbolton School website can now enjoy an optimal viewing experience on tablet and mobile, as well as desktop and laptop.
Welcome to the new-look Kimbolton School website! Thanks to some innovative design and functionality, visitors to our website can now enjoy an optimal viewing experience on tablet and mobile, as well as desktop and laptop. The new responsive design means that the content and layout automatically adapts to fit the size of your device – ensuring easy reading and navigation whether you’re swiping on an iPad or scrolling on a smartphone.
Along with eye-catching photography and clearly-organised content, the new website is a modern showcase for the School and local area, guiding current and prospective families through key aspects of life at Kimbolton.
PR & Communications Manager, Alison Ainsworth, said: “With over 50% of Internet usage predicted to occur on mobile and tablet devices by 2015, we have worked closely with design company e4education to ensure parents, pupils and other users have the best possible experience when looking at our website."
Features to look out for include:
- Essentials – an at-a-glance guide to key dates, useful numbers and sports fixtures, plus alerts to the latest news stories and photo galleries
- Online Parent Message Centre (launching shortly). Once registered, you'll be able to log in and access information specific to your child(ren), plus find School handbooks, newsletters and useful documents all in one place. We'll be contacting parents about registration soon.
- Expanded Sports and Venue Hire and Castle information
- Much-improved, swipe-through photo galleries
You’ll also find plenty of old favourites, such as:
- Online calendar (with option to filter and download events specific to your child's year group to your mobile device)
- Latest news stories
- Swimming Pool timetables
- Tablet-friendly 360' virtual tours
As one of Cambridgeshire's leading independent schools, and with Kimbolton Castle generating interest worldwide, the Kimbolton School website regularly attracts a high volume of traffic. The site was last redesigned in November 2010 and last year had 113,861 unique users and just under one million page views per year. (Google Analytics, October 2014).
In line with the School’s digital learning strategy there are further website developments planned for the remainder of the academic year… keep clicking!