Head of Economics
Sixth Form – A Level optional subject
We enter our candidates for AQA Economics. The three exams are as follows:
- Paper 1 - Markets and Market Failure - data response and essay questions.
- Paper 2 - National and International Economy - data response and essay questions.
- Paper 3 - Economic Principles and Issues - multiple choice and data response on a current economic issue.
Kimbolton 7th Period Super Curriculum: We will dig deeper behind current news stories and trends considering issues such as the rise of Bitcoin, the gig economy and AI. The time will be used to research the world economy, explore the views of economic thinkers and help enter competitions such as the IEA Budget submission and BASE Business Strategy National Competition. It gives us the opportunity to play some Economic strategy games deepening understanding of business decisions and government policy.
- Many of our students choose to participate in the Young Enterprise scheme. We have an excellent track record of producing successful YE companies.
Regular Trips, Visitors and Competitions
- We enter the BASE competition and have been to the National Finals twice in the last five years.
- Our students have the opportunity to enter the Royal Economics Society Young Economist of the Year competition.
- We enter the IEA Budget competition, making proposals as to the level of taxation and what the government spending priority should be.
- We run regular trips to The Bank of England, Lloyds Insurance and Jaguar LandRover.