Kimbolton Swimming Academy Lessons
'Swimming is the only sport which can save your child's life' - Swim England
Kimbolton Swimming Academy offers a safe, friendly and fun environment in which to learn to swim. Whether your child is a complete beginner, or an advanced swimmer we have a range of lesson options available for all ages. Our swimming levels have been designed to ensure all children learn to swim at their own pace whilst having fun, building water confidence and developing their swimming strokes and skills - we teach techniques that last a lifetime!
All Children must be at least 4 years old to join our Swimming Academy Junior group lesson scheme these classes run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday term time only. However, if your child is between 12 months - 4 years we offer daytime Early Years group lessons on Fridays, term time only.
Drowning remains one of the most common causes of accidental death in children, so being able to swim is one of life's essential skills. Learning to swim is a life skill open to people of all ages: once learnt it is not forgotten.
Why Choose Kimbolton Swimming Academy?
- Our class sizes are kept small and gradually increase as the child progresses steadily through the scheme.
- All beginner and early development classes are taught with the instructor in the water.
- All our lessons are taught by experienced, fully qualified Swimming Instructors.
- We provide qualified RLSS lifeguards to supervise all our group swimming lessons.
- Children taking part in our lesson scheme are awarded certificates as they progress through the scheme.
- Our term dates are based closely around the school term dates
- Payment is by term - we do not offer monthly payment by direct debit.
- There is no additional charge for certificates.
- We offer free ability tests for children wishing to join the scheme.
- Spectating is only allowed on the first and final lesson of the swimming term. This enables the children to concentrate better and learn in a relaxed environment away from distractions.
- All our swimming instructors are either ASA or STA qualified and have undergone a fully enhanced DBS check; in addition to this they attend regular safeguard training.
- Progress reports are completed termly and available to collect from Reception on enrolment week.
- All long hair must be tied back and where possible we encourage a swimming hat is worn. Swimming goggles are allowed in all our swimming stages and can be beneficial to many students. Goggles and swimming hats can be purchased from Reception.
- Please wear the overshoes provided at all times in the changing rooms and on poolside during viewing weeks. We appreciate your help in keeping our pool and facility clean and tidy for all users.
- We operate a priority booking system giving our current customers' priority before we accept new pupils. However, we can only guarantee a place in the lessons not a day/time. Enrolments for lessons are given out on a first come basis from the first day of re-enrolments.
- The Swimming Pool operates a waiting list for classes that are fully subscribed. Children must be at least 4 years of age to join our Junior Swimming Lessons. Please click here to complete the form.
Terms and Conditions
- Kimbolton School reserves the right to cancel lessons without notice in the event of operational difficulties; we will offer you a re-scheduled lesson date/ time or a pro rata refund.
- In the event of non-attendance by the child, he/she will not be entitled to any form of reimbursement.
- Any child attending lessons must adhere to the swimming pool rules and behave accordingly. Any child who persistently misbehaves during their swimming lessons will be removed from the pool and asked to leave the lessons.
- If you wish to withdraw your child from a block of lessons a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice is required to receive a part refund
- Any child who misses lessons due to a general illness will not be able eligible for a credit/refund.
- If your child has diarrhoea, chicken pox, ear infection or is suffering from a contagious disease please refrain from bringing them swimming until the symptoms have subsided.
- If your child has sustained a serious illness/injury which will result in them missing a number of lessons, you may be entitled to a credit, which you can use against the following terms' lesson fees. Please apply to the swimming pool manager in writing.
Book Children's Swimming Lessons
To enquire about group lessons for your child(ren) please fill in our Children's lesson enquiry form. During the school holidays we offer Crash Course Swimming Lessons, Holiday Courses and private lessons on a 1:1 and 2:1 basis. For further information about any our holiday courses, please call 01480 862276 or email us for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to some of our parents' most popular questions about children's swimming lessons.
Adult Swimming Lessons
Adult swimming lessons are offered on a request basis and generally these are carried out under One-2-One instruction. Whether you are a complete beginner, a swimmer wanting to learn a new stroke or improve your swimming fitness. To enquire about adult lessons, please call 01480 862276 or email us for further information.