Our Mission and Values
Kimbolton School creates a caring, challenging environment in which all pupils are encouraged to fulfil their potential and are given opportunities to flourish in a wide variety of curricular and extra-curricular interests.
We provide a close family environment where young people are educated to be tolerant, socially responsible and independent of mind, equipping them for our changing world. We are a community that challenges pupils to discover their talents, develop socially and excel.
At Kimbolton School, we value:
- each individual.
- a rounded education, encompassing both academic and extra-curricular activity.
- high standards, ensuring that everyone reaches their potential.
- and celebrate personal success and achievement equally in all areas.
- a warm, supportive and inclusive day and boarding community encompassing staff pupils, parents and town.
- tolerance and respect for others, facilitating equality of opportunity.
- enthusiasm, commitment and self-discipline.
- the development of social responsibility and integrity.
- the beliefs and traditions reflected in the School’s Christian heritage, whilst respecting those of other cultures.
- the rich history of our school and our setting; an awareness of our responsibilities to others in line with our charitable foundation.
- the building of self-esteem so that pupils develop the confidence and independence of mind to be true to themselves.
- a variety of opportunities for every pupil to discover an individual sphere of excellence and thus be challenged and inspired.
- preparation of pupils for lifelong learning.
When we challenged our pupils to conceive an extra value, they said:
- We value... waking up, wanting to go to school.