Sixth Form Information Events
Sixth Form Information Morning - 28 September 2019
Each September we hold a Sixth Form Information Morning for those wishing to join our Lower Sixth Form from other schools. Prospective pupils and their parents or guardians join us to see the wealth of opportunities on offer to Kimbolton Sixth Formers, sense the way that everyone is known and treated as individuals and experience the quality and breadth of our teaching.
This will run in parallel with our Senior School Open Morning. The Sixth Form morning will start at 10.30am and will comprise:
- Short presentations from the Headmaster and Head of Sixth Form.
- An opportunity to hear from current students who joined us in the Sixth Form.
- The chance to meet some of the staff that teach the subjects of interest.
- A tour of our facilities with one of our current Sixth Formers, tailored to the subjects that you are considering studying at A Level. For this reason we ask that you pre-register for this event if at all possible. Depending on demand, we may need to group you together with one or two other families for the tour.
- Informal discussions with our senior staff and some current Sixth Formers over light refreshments.
Please pre-register here so we can tailor your visit to your interests.
Sixth Form Taster Mornings - October and November 2019
If you like what you see at Kimbolton, we will invite you back for a 'Taster Morning' so that you can try out your new subjects, experience our style of Sixth Form teaching and meet others who are considering joining our school. Even if you couldn't attend the Sixth Form Information Morning or Fifth into Sixth Form Evening, you are still welcome to join us for a Taster Morning. Register your interest in attending a Taster Morning.
Fifth Form into Sixth Form Information Evening - November 2019
- Pre-registration for this event is recommended, otherwise please register on arrival at 6.45pm.
Join us with your parents at our Fifth Form into Sixth Form Information Evening in November, which is focused on A Level subject choices. You will join our current Fifth Form pupils for short presentations by the Headmaster and Head of Sixth Form, which will outline life as a Sixth Form student at Kimbolton School. Then you will move to the Castle for our Sixth Form Fair, a series of departmental stands where you can:
- Discuss each subject’s A Level curriculum.
- Meet departmental staff.
- Look at samples of the course materials.
- Find out more about any trips, visits and extra-curricular activities linked to each subject.
- Discuss subject combinations with departmental staff, our careers staff and our senior staff