Sixth Form Information Events
Sixth Form Information Morning
On Saturday 29 September 2018 we will be holding a Sixth Form Information Morning for those wishing to join our Lower Sixth Form from other schools. Prospective pupils and their parents or guardians join us to see the wealth of opportunities on offer to Kimbolton Sixth Formers, sense the way that everyone is known and treated as individuals and experience the quality and breadth of our teaching.
This will run in parallel with our Senior School Open Morning. The Sixth Form morning will start at 10.30am and will comprise:
- Short presentations from the Headmaster and Head of Sixth Form.
- An opportunity to hear from current students who joined us in the Sixth Form.
- The chance to meet some of the staff that teach the subjects of interest.
- A tour of our facilities with one of our current Sixth Formers, tailored to the subjects that you are considering studying at A Level. For this reason we ask that you pre-register for this event if at all possible. Depending on demand, we may need to group you together with one or two other families for the tour.
- Informal discussions with our senior staff and some current Sixth Formers over light refreshments.
Please pre-register here so we can tailor your visit to your interests.
If you like what you see we will invite you back for a 'Taster Morning' in October or November so that you can try out your new subjects, experience our style of Sixth Form teaching and meet others who are considering joining Kimbolton. Even if you couldn't attend the Information Morning, you are still welcome to join us for a Taster Morning.
Fifth Form into Sixth Form Information Evening
If you are still interested, join us with your parents at our Fifth Form into Sixth Form Information Evening on Monday 12 November 2018 at 7pm which is focused on A Level subject choices. You will join our current Fifth Form pupils for short presentations by the Headmaster and Head of Sixth Form which will outline life as a Sixth Form student at Kimbolton School. Then you will move to the Castle for our Sixth Form Fair, a series of departmental stands where you can:
- Discuss each subject’s A Level curriculum.
- Meet departmental staff.
- Look at samples of the course materials.
- Find out more about any trips, visits and extra-curricular activities linked to each subject.
- Discuss subject combinations with departmental staff, our careers staff and our senior staff.
Please use the links to find out more about life in our Sixth Form, to register your interest in attending one of our Sixth Form Information Events, or to register for a place at Kimbolton School.