Explore our Sixth Form
Why Kimbolton Sixth Form?
- 22 A Level subjects available. No restrictions. YOU decide!
- Seminar-style teaching, more akin to university than school
- Small groups with plenty of individual attention
- Full week with 6 periods per subject
- Games afternoon every Wednesday with 21 different sports on offer during the year
- Traditional team sports plus others such as fitness suite, swimming, golf, sailing, clay pigeon shooting and Pilates. Something for everyone, hopefully for life!
- Thursday afternoon extension course, with 16 options available, including Combined Cadet Force and Community Service Unit
- Optional Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Huge range of clubs and activities, including Medical Society, The Manchester Group (discussion-based group to widen intellectual curiosity), Law Society, Charities Committee and Tycoon (business trading)
- Optional trips to enhance classroom learning and bring subjects to life
- Social events including parties, BBQs, quizzes, annual ball — all organised by a student committee
- A range of boarding options: full, weekly, flexi- and occasional boarding in our friendly, homely boarding houses.
Visit Us to Learn More
Our 2 October Open Morning is a great opportunity to enjoy an informal tour of our facilities with one of our current Sixth Formers and to meet some of the staff that teach your subjects of interest. If you like what you see, you can visit us again for a 'Taster Morning' in the autumn term. This is a chance to try out your new subjects, experience our style of Sixth Form teaching, chat to current Sixth Formers and meet others who are considering joining our school.
You may also like to join us with your parents for our "Entering the Sixth Form" evening 18 November, which is focused on A Level subject choices. Join our current Fifth Form (Year 11) pupils for short presentations by the Headmaster and Head of Sixth Form, which will outline life as a Sixth Form student at Kimbolton School. Your guide will show you around our campus, calling in to departments of interest. You'll finish in the Castle where you can find out more about trips, visits, extra-curricular activities and extension courses. There will also be plenty of time to chat to our careers staff and our senior staff about subject combinations and opportunities at Kimbolton.