TeachMeet: Gender in the 21st Century - 25th April 2018
Teachmeets are a growing phenomenon whereby teachers provide and deliver their own CPD based on areas that interest them and their specific professional development. There is no limit to the scope or ingenuity of the content to a Teachmeet, it is entirely defined by those attending.
Find out more about the TeachMeet movement.
TeachMeet Kimbolton: Gender in the 21st Century
When: Wednesday 25 April 2018, 5.30pm to 7pm
Where: Hunter Hall, Kimbolton Preparatory School
For Kimbolton’s second event we will be looking at the debate and issues around gender.
#TMKimbolton will be a fast-paced, vibrant and mutually supportive exploration of the ongoing challenges, and creative possibilities in the support of how we view and manage the challenges that both genders face, in and outside of our classrooms.
‘Gender in the 21st Century’ isn’t just about the differences between boys and girls. It is about how we educate the students about each other; their self-awareness as they grow and develop; how different genders cope with stresses; the subjects they choose; how we guide them as practitioners through the mire of adolescence as they face the challenges in today’s world both academically, emotionally and pastorally.
Who is it for?
- Are you SLT, Key stage coordinator, subject lead, pastoral lead, or simply a classroom practitioner or tutor? How does transition affect you and your context?
- Do you have ideas to share, or questions to ask, or simply want to listen, network, and let the seed be planted? Could you give a short presentation (mini 7 minutes or nano 5 minutes) about how you are affected by Gender in the 21st Century?
How much does it cost?
Nothing! It's completely free and includes a free buffet and refreshments. The only thing we ask is that you book your place before Friday 20 April 2018 using the form below.
Get involved by giving a presentation!
Remember, a presentation can be either mini (7 minutes) or nano (5 minutes) so won't take long to prepare. Possible ideas for a presentation (limited only by creativity) are:
- Preparation of children to move between Primary and Secondary – how do different genders cope with change
- Have you read any research about resilience in young people, are there trends across the genders?
- Should we actually be focusing on gender differences or is it only about the individual?
- Management and approach to personal, health, well-being transitions for specific year groups, or whole school
- Pastorally supporting parents as their children grow and understand themselves
- Supporting and facilitating students to make progress throughout the year
- Supporting new or existing staff as they progress through their careers
- What challenges have you faced and how have you overcome them?
- Are you facing a challenge and are at the start of a project to find out more – tell us about it
- Are academic subjects gender-centric? Is there a gender gap in your subject? What about mindset and life skills?
- Are you involved in a project that looks at closing the gap between the genders? Tell us about it
Questions? Please just ask TeachMeet Coordinator Mrs Karen Dunn.
Register your Interest
Please use this form to register your interest in this event. Then let everyone know you're attending by using the hashtag #TMKimbolton!