How to Find Us
We are located in Cambridgeshire, close to the borders of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. Kimbolton village is at the junction of the B660 and B645, and is just 10 minutes from the A1, 15 minutes from the A45 and less than 10 minutes from the A14. We are also less than 20 minutes from both Bedford and Oundle. The pin on the map below indicates the location of Kimbolton Castle at the eastern end of the High Street.
Visitors should use the Adam Gatehouse which is in the centre of the village. Parking is available at the Castle. Please note: During term time visitors will be asked to sign in at Reception (located within the Gatehouse, to your right as you drive in, as marked on our estate map (opens in new window).
More detailed directions via road, rail and air can be found below.
Kimbolton Castle (Kimbolton Senior School) Sat Nav Ref: PE28 0EA
- From the north on the A1: Leave the A1 at Buckden on the B661 following the signs for Kimbolton via Perry, which is on the edge of Grafham Water, into Great Staughton. Turn right in Great Staughton onto the B645. Kimbolton is three miles beyond Great Staughton.
- From the south on the A1: Leave the A1 westbound on the B645 just north of St Neots signposted Rushden. Once on the B645, Kimbolton is clearly signed and is reached after approximately six miles.
- From the north on the M1 via the A14: Leave the M1 at Junction 19 and join the A14 travelling east bypassing Kettering and Thrapston. At the junction with the B660, signposted Catworth and Bedford, turn south. Continue for four miles through Catworth. The B660 meets the B645 in Kimbolton. At the T-junction turn right for the Preparatory School and left for the Senior School.
- From the south on the M1 via the A45: Leave the M1 at Junction 15 and join the A45 bypassing Northampton, Wellingborough and Rushden. At Rushden follow the signs for Bedford on the A6. After travelling one mile on the A6 towards Bedford turn left on the B645 signposted Kimbolton. On passing the village sign, the Preparatory School is on your right with the Senior School in the centre of the village.
Please be aware that during School term time peak hours (8.30-9.15am and 3.45-4.30pm) a one way system operates and entry to the Senior School/Castle should be via the Iron Gates entrance 800m to the east of the Gatehouse on the B645.
- No high vehicles should use the Iron Gates. Coaches should park adjacent to the Donaldson Building.
We are approximately 45 minutes north of London by train and our nearest railway station is St Neots.
We are approximately 40 miles from London's Luton and Stansted airports, and 70 and 80 miles respectively from Birmingham and London Heathrow airports.