Guidelines On Pool Use
- The lifeguards are responsible for the Health & Safety of everyone in the building – please adhere to their instructions at all times and observe the pool rules displayed in the building.
- Please shower before entering the water to help maintain our water quality and for all bathers to enjoy a pleasant and hygenic swim.
- During the school term, members of the public are requested not to enter the changing rooms without permission from the pool staff.
- Please vacate the pool by the end of the timetabled session. Your co-operation with this is appreciated as it allows our pool schedule to run on time.
- We want all our customers to enjoy their swimming at Kimbolton - please respect the other swimmers in the pool!
- For safety reasons, all children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult into the water. One adult may accompany up to two under 8's in the pool at any one time.
- Children over the age of 8 must use the correct changing room for their gender; alternatively, a family changing room is available should families wish to change together.
- Please ensure swimwear is left on when showering in the communal facilities. Private showers are available in the changing rooms.
- Lockers are provided for you to secure your clothes or valuables - Kimbolton School cannot be held responsible for any items left in the changing rooms unattended. Please collect a locker token from reception when you pay for your swim.
- Last entry to the pool is 30 minutes before the end of the session.
- Kimbolton School Swimming Pool reserves the right to refuse admission.
Pool Rules - Staying Safe when Using the Pool
- Non-swimmers and swimmers wearing buoyancy aids are not allowed in the deep end.
- Diving is from the deep end only and strictly not in any swimming lanes.
- Running dives are not allowed.
- No jumping backwards into the pool.
- Bombing into the pool is not allowed.
- Running is not allowed on poolside or around any part of the building.
- No handstands/Acrobatics in the water.
- Somersaults into the pool are prohibited at all times.
- Balls, snorkels, full face masks and fins are prohibited from all sessions - please ask at reception if you are unsure.
- During 'Float Fun' the pool is divided in half and the floats are prohibited from the deep end.
- Standing on floats is not allowed.
- Jumping onto the floats from poolside is not allowed.
- Swimming under the floats is not allowed.
- Diving from the floats is prohibited.
- Stacking of floats is forbidden.
- When entering the changing rooms or poolside, please use the overshoes provided.
- Photography or filming is prohibited except for private hire bookings.
- Mobile phones/ipads must not be used on poolside
These rule. s are not exhaustive, please follow the lifeguard's instructions at all times.
Please also read Lane Etiquette for Swimmers