Swimming Academy: Terms and Conditions
- Any child aged 8 years and over must change in the correct changing room matching their gender.
- Parents must not enter the changing rooms of the opposite sex.
- A family changing room is available and located off the locker area. They may be used by families who have mixed aged children and genders.
- Kimbolton Swimming Academy cannot accept any responsibility for items left unattended in the changing room during the lessons.
Kimbolton Swimming Academy Staff
- All swimming instructors are fully qualified and hold the relevant swimming certificates
- All our pool staff have an enhanced DBS check and receive in-house child protection training on an annual basis.
- Every effort will be made to keep teacher continuity throughout the term.
- Kimbolton Swimming Academy reserves the right to replace advertised teachers or programmes, this is rare and will only happen in unavoidable circumstances.
- All swimming lessons will be supervised by a qualified team of lifeguards.
- Please arrive promptly and be ready for the start of the lesson. All lessons start at the advertised time.
- All swimmers should shower and use the toilet before joining their swimming lesson.
- We encourage swimmers with long hair to wear a swimming hat.
- Swimming goggles may be worn during the lessons, however must be adjusted and fitted correctly prior to the lesson beginning.
- Jewellery and glasses are not permitted in the water during a swimming lesson.
- All swimmers must wear suitable swim wear. One piece suits for girls; for boys, swimming shorts above the knee.
- In the event of disorderly behaviour, swimmers will be asked to leave lessons.
- Parents are reminded that they must remain on site whilst swimming lessons are taking place.
- Please ensure your child is on time for their swimming lesson.
- Any belongings are left entirely at the owner's risk. Lockers are available and tokens can be obtained from the pool reception.
- Please remove your footwear or wear overshoes when entering the changing rooms or spectating on poolside.
- Please remain seated when spectating on poolside and keep the emergency exits clear at all times.
- The use of photographic equipment is not permitted during any swimming lessons.
- Mobile phones and devices must not be used on poolside as they are a distraction to the children.
- It is a parent's responsibility to keep their child's medical information up to date.
- Asthmatic children must bring their inhaler onto poolside during their swimming lesson.
- Kimbolton Swimming Academy does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss of property left unattended whilst visiting the Swimming Pool
- Lost Property is kept for a 6-week period.
- Please ensure overshoes are worn at all times in our changing rooms and when spectating on poolside.
- Pushchairs are not permitted on poolside, please leave them in the Swimming Pool foyer.
- Please make sure you notify the Swimming Academy of any changes to your address or contact number.
- All children joining the scheme must be aged four years old or turn four during the lesson term.
- If your child is a non-swimmer, no swim assessment is required and will be enrolled in our beginner standard class, Starfish.
- If your child has had lessons at another establishment or is not of beginner standard, a swimming assessment will be necessary. An assessment will ensure they are placed in the correct class.
- All swimming assessments are free of charge and should be booked in advance.
- Kimbolton Swimming Academy lessons only run during the school year.
Re-enrolments & Payments
- Payment must be made at the time of booking, payment can be made by cash or card at the Swimming Pool Reception or alternatively payment can be taken over the telephone.
- Payment is every term.
- Absences will not be refunded.
- You will be notified by email when to enrol your child for the next term.
- Failure to make a booking/payment for your child's space will result in them being removed from the lesson.
- Current pupils who are enrolled at Kimbolton Swimming Academy have priority to re-enrol for 7 days before we sell all remaining places to new pupils.
- If you re-enrol within the 7-day window, we can only guarantee a place in the lessons not a specific day or teacher.
- All lesson spaces are given out on a first come basis. We cannot accept any responsibility for late enrolments or if a class is fully subscribed.
- No places can be reserved.
- In the event of operational difficulties, Kimbolton Swimming Academy reserves the right to cancel lessons. If these circumstances arise, we will offer you a re-scheduled lesson date and time or a pro-rata refund. Please note Kimbolton Swimming Academy does not operate on Bank Holidays or during the holiday.
- In the event of non-attendance by the child, he/she will not be entitled to any form of reimbursement.
- We will notify customers via email of any cancellation with as much notice as possible.
- If you wish to withdraw your child from a block of lessons a minimum of 4 weeks' notice is required to receive a part refund.
- Refunds will only be given in exceptional circumstances (for example a medical condition or having sustained an injury) and should be applied for in writing to the pool manager.