Kimbolton Swimming Academy Lessons
Kimbolton School has taken the decision to close the Swimming Pool to the general public until January 2021
Swimming lessons will now begin when the pool reopens (subject to reduced capacity due to COVID19 restrictions).
Parents who have booked and paid for places: We will be contacting all parents who paid for lessons due to start in September to give them a full refund. Please be patient as it will take the pool staff some time to contact everybody.
'Swimming is the only sport which can save your child's life' - Swim England
Drowning remains one of the most common causes of accidental death in children, so being able to swim is one of life's essential skills. Learning to swim is a life skill open to people of all ages: once learnt it is not forgotten.
Why Choose Us?
- All our teachers are experienced qualified ASA Instructors.
- We offer a lesson scheme based on the school term.
- Payment is by term - we do not do monthly payment by direct debit.
- There is no additional charge for certificates or testing your child's ability.
- We offer free ability tests for children wishing to join the scheme.
Children's Junior Lessons
- Children must be 4 years old to join our Swimming Academy Junior group lesson scheme (or turn 4 during the lesson term). Please see our Early Years group lessons if your child is not yet 4 years of age.
- Kimbolton Swimming Academy offers a safe, friendly and fun environment in which to learn to swim. Our children's Early Years' group lessons and Junior group lessons have a low ratio of swimmers per class and are taught by ASA Level 2 qualified teachers. The teacher usually remains in the water for low ability groups, while all lessons are supervised by qualified RLSS lifeguards or teachers holding a life saving qualification. Children taking part in our lesson scheme are awarded certificates as they progress through the class levels.
- Parents are only allowed to view the first and final lesson to enable the children to concentrate better (see Term Dates below).
- You are welcome to visit the pool with your children during our public swimming sessions and the staff on duty can answer any concerns/questions about our lesson scheme.
- The Swimming Pool operates a waiting list for classes that are fully subscribed. Children must be 4 years of age to join our classes. Please click here to complete form.
- For children over 4 years of age joining our scheme we offer a 'Free' water test to access their ability. We recommend the test to children wishing to join our lessons from another school/pool. Children who have never had any lessons or cannot swim will be automatically added to beginners class (Starfish).
- Our lessons are spread into three courses mirroring school term times: Spring, Summer and Autumn.
- Your child can join a lesson at any point throughout the term. If your child joins us part way through the term you will pay for the remaining weeks of the term. Should our lessons be full, we operate a waiting list and can keep you informed as to when bookings re-open. To be added to our waiting list please either call or pop into the Pool office, or fill in out enquiry form here.
Book Children's Swimming Lessons
- To enquire about group lessons for your child(ren) please fill in our Children's lesson enquiry form.
- For further information about our holiday courses, please call 01480 862276 or email us for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find answers to some of our parents' most popular questions about children's swimming lessons.
Adult Swimming Lessons
- We are able to offer Adult lessons as One-2-One instruction. Whether you are a complete beginner or a swimming wanting to learn a new stroke or Triathlete wanting to improve your Front crawl technique. To enquire about adult lessons, please call 01480 862276 or email us for further information.