Physics - Summer 2022
Our Physics Masterclass is a fast-moving, action-packed exploration of the physics of the theatre, entitled ‘Music, Lights, Camera, Action!’ . Designed for Year 5 children, it stimulates a real interest in scientific discovery. It is a 90-minute demonstration with plenty of audience participation and lots of fun!
It is held once each academic year in the Lewis Hall at Kimbolton School in July. We will write to the headteachers of participating schools with the details of the event and information on how to apply for tickets.
Please note that:
- There is no charge for our Physics Masterclass.
- We ask local primary schools to nominate suitable children for this Masterclass and parents then apply for tickets using our online booking system. Booking opens approximately six weeks before the event.
- You will need a link and a password (available from your school) to book seats. Tickets are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited due to fire regulations.
- The Masterclass will include bangs and is therefore unsuitable for younger children or for those of a nervous disposition.
- It will also involve a limited amount of smoke so please remember to bring any prescription inhalers (just in case).
- Children need to be accompanied throughout the Masterclass by ticket-holding adults who will remain responsible for them while at Kimbolton School.
- We are keen to involve children from as many different schools as possible when we request audience assistance. Please dress your child in school uniform for this event so that we can easily distinguish between schools.
- We may take some photographs of the children involved in our experiments. We may use some of these on our website and in the local press to publicise this initiative.
- To assist with parking, please car-share where possible. Enter our site via the Gatehouse at the end of the High Street, park on the left hand side of the Castle and enter the Lewis Hall which is the first building on the left next to the Gatehouse. Please be seated ten minutes before the start of the lecture. There are maps of our location and school site available in the Contact Us area of this site.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the Lewis Hall.
- Please contact Mrs Alison Ainsworth by email or on 01480 862207 if you have any queries about this Masterclass or if you have tickets you no longer need that can be released to others.