Our Sixth Form students study three subjects at A Level, plus an extension course of their choice. Those studying Further Mathematics may study a fourth subject.
Our students choose from:
- English Language
- English Literature
- Further Mathematics
- Philosophy, Religion and Ethics
- Art: Fine Art
- Art: Photography
- Art: Critical and Contextual Studies
- Design Technology
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- Physical Education
More information about each course is provided in the Senior School Departments pages.
Many pupils will also take an Extended Project Qualification during their Lower Sixth year. This provides the opportunity to conduct independent research on a topic of particular interest and is a useful qualification for university applications.
All Sixth Formers participate in sport on one afternoon each week. Our Sixth Form students also take the 'Preparing for Citizenship' course of lectures and activities throughout their two years with us.
To widen their interests and experiences, our Sixth Form students take leadership roles in the Combined Cadet Force, are involved in the Community Service Unit or undertake an Extension Course on Thursday afternoons.
From September 2019, we are offering the following Extension Courses*:
- Cooking for Life (U6th only)
- Debating & Critical Thinking (L6th only)
- Clay and Sculpture
- English Language Lesson (for EAL/IELTS students only)
- Business Trading
- Kim Media – digital and video
- Creative Writing
- Film & Arts Appreciation
- Political Ideas
- Robotics & Programming
- The World of Wine (U6th only)
* Courses in italics last for a single period per week; the rest cover two. Students therefore choose either two single courses or one double one: